Dr. Guillermo Suarez, MD
Bariatric & Minimal Invasive Surgery
Doctor Suarez specializes in laroscopic surgery or minimal invasive surgery, and applies it to bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery. Weight loss surgery includes gastric bypass, gastric band and sleeve gastrectomy.
Credentials and Qualifications
Doctor Suarez graduated in 1985 as a medical doctor from Escuela Autónoma de Ciencias Médicas de Centro America U.A.C.A.; and completed his 1986 Social Service as the Medical Director of the Naranjo Health Center.
From 1987-1991 he did his general surgery residence in San Juan de Dios and Calderón Guardia Hospitals. Then he joined the Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan for his Clinical and Research Fellowship in the Emergency and Critical Care Department between 1991 and 1993.
After completing his fellowship, Doctor Suarez joined as a surgeon, the Emergency Surgery Unit of Hospital San Juan de Dios in Costa Rica for two years (1993-1995).
Before he started his private practice in General and Laroscopic Surgery in CIMA Hospital, Doctor Suarez joined from 1995-2002 the General and Laroscopic Surgery Service Unit of Hospital San Juan de Dios as a Surgeon.
- 2007 - IFSO International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity
- 2003 - Latin American Board of Advisors. TYCO- Valley Lab
- 2001 - ALACE Latin American Society of Endoscopic Surgeons
- 1995 - Costa Rican Surgery Association
Medical procedures performed by Doctor Suarez:
- Laroscopic Surgery
- Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery, also know as Weight Loss Surgery, offers three options: Gastric Bypass, Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy